Thursday, April 7, 2011

NAPOWRIMO Splatterings 4-7: Running Away With Both Legs This Time

Strolling the sexual bellows of town
High commerce correspondence while clutching their belongings
Attractive people featured under green and white awnings
But a cigarette is all I'm after
I enter, swinging ice water in a glass with a brown tint
I laugh with the smokers outside as I hint
At what I want, but my intentions are well known
Their body language closes, "Go buy a pack of your own"
Said without words, thought of without prompting
And while they don't fill this new emptiness created by you
Cigarettes give me something to look forward to
Gratification, with a little repulsion before it comes back
I just don't want to be tied down to an entire pack
Which I can afford, but not abide the side effects
Stinking up my car, introducing it to my friends
Eventually someone relents on one condition
That I walk away when the cigarette ends
I feel pathetic and slighted but I know
This is the first of many pathetic steps to go

No comments:

Post a Comment