Tuesday, April 19, 2011

NAPOWRIMO Splatterings 4-19: Chasing a Dog

If I sought knowledge
With the naive enthusiasm
That you seek to get hit by a car
The turning pages of books would braise my unclasping eyelashes

If I procured riches
With the same magnetic diligence
That pulls you repeatedly into unrelenting traffic
I'd hire a bum to chase you
and hire a social worker for the bum
And hire a much needed assistant for the social worker

If the confusion I feel at night
Mimicked your zigzag pattern of flight
I'd need to leave a trial of clues
To know how I really feel about anything

If my quest for love agape
Seemed as innocent pure and innate
As your crusade to meet that gratifying impact
Then everybody would believe me

If my desire to be run over by a car
Matched your desire to be run over by a car
I'd have done so successfully by now

No comments:

Post a Comment