Friday, April 1, 2011

NAPOWRIMO Splatterings 4-1: Mice

Everybody has a defiantly intentional home for mice within themselves
If small holes appear in that chamber, we Spackle them shut with feed
We feel constantly compelled to subtly reveal
Indirectly that these chambers exist
With a series of clues
Droppings
Squeeks in silent moments
Silent moments so designed with one thing in mind
The challenge of maintaining a tent of self so that in time you know
Different levels of where my mice may be kept, so I may know yours

5 comments:

  1. Dammit! The format got messed up! It was supposed to be long lines that get shorter in the middle, then long again! Bahhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian, do you use allpoetry.com?

    --Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I do not, this is the only online source of my writing. But if you have I would love to see your writing! The poem from your wedding has got to be among the best love poems I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My interest is piqued! TELL ME ABOUT THIS ALLPOETRY DOT COM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. allpoetry.com/shadesofgray (Gray)
    allpoetry.com/hyper%20music (Marnie)

    Marnie and I have been writing a lot of awesome stuff lately. :)

    ReplyDelete