Saturday, April 23, 2011

NAPOWRIMO Splatterings 4-23: Western Haiku

You can find an explanation for Western Haiku here. You can also find these listed as a comment there, which makes me posting here a little redundant, but it doesn't count as my NPM poem unless it's in my blog, dammit!

1.

Quick! Determine
The scent of morning
Before your nose awakens

2.

The botanical garden
Of women
I seek a maraschino cherry

3.

An elected official takes office
Like I am at work
Realizing I missed a spot shaving

4.

Organs fit together
Arms move freely
I love both of these ways

5.

Shelter seeking
Shelter seeking
Shelter

6.

"Amoeba me", she said
Not with
A knife

7.

My appetite
Misses breakfast
Most days

8.

Roll me in carpet
Throw me down a well
Sexual frustration

9.

Sun burns through
Its wealth
of clouds

10.

My window pane
A graveyard
For crispy insects

1 comment:

  1. to your comment about it's not for NPM if it's not in your blog... I count EVERYTHING whether it hits the blog or not... even facebook status posts and private collection writings! :-P

    ReplyDelete