Sunday, April 10, 2011

NAPOWRIMO Splatterings 4-10: Monumental

The war is over and the eulogy is read
Beneath tides of clover, I dwell among the dead
And since inside of you I've died
You'll be sure my bones have dried
Before you arrange them into their new context
And remember our names are carved on every one
My incarnate form did fail you
But now no longer nailed to
The flesh of the past
My spirit is cast into a memorial pillar
Very phallic indeed announces its intention
Through persistence we dispense with all forms of pretense
If you exchange your eyes with mine, we'll realize our souls intertwine
And on the day you intersect with me, dead I will no longer be
Our monument slides easily into your valley of life
And through your cleansing clenching drenching screams of all forms of "Gloria!"
Transfer to stone all former strife
And perhaps lost in your state of euphoria
You swear the stone memorial just moved inside of you
This is that which monuments dream
To return to the mortal stream
To be no longer made of stone, to float
By your side and not once again
But in uninterrupted love that always mends

No comments:

Post a Comment