Wednesday, April 6, 2011

NAPOWRIMO Splatterings 4-6: One More Night

As I exit the orange stained street light
With a little pink in the hue
And consider where I must travel tonight
My innards squeeze to form a 'W'
At the first photon of the sunrise
I'll find a bus waiting
With doors ajar, to take me far,
Far away from this lost cause locale
But for just one more night
My heart will pump blood into these abandoned streets
For just one more night
The blood will dry and
My boots will kick the mud clumps into walls
For just one more night
I'll breathe the sand I can't see
And think not of another place to be
But of barely recognizable defunct stores
That strands of lights couldn't save
The inefficient vacuum that nature abhors
The years of my life I gave
Just one more night
Of jumping every time I hear a sound
From fear or hope that a solution was found
Then reminding myself of why I can not stay
And this part of me lives
For just one more night
Just one more night than I can say

No comments:

Post a Comment