Sunday, November 3, 2013

Flu Diary

I have always found that after several days lying comatose with the flu there comes an unexpected moment where suddenly I am able to have ideas again, and given the days spent in near complete sensory deprivation, they all seem brilliant.  What I just now decided to do here is capture and record the events leading up to this nearly psychedelic mental eruption where every moment feels like invention.  Every time I experience this I say that "Next time, I'm going to write down what it feels like immediately before that time where not a single thought is mired in the sense of mediocrity and doubt that marks my usual assessment."  I have just now emerged from my apartment, undeterred by the advanced hour, and am oscillating between typing my thoughts and trimming my nails as I walk to... shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment