Friday, September 27, 2013

A Dear, Sweet Woman Who Will Soon Move to LA to Teach Acting

Hi I was told you call the shots around here!

Well I had an idea I wanted to run by you, if you have the time to listen.

Right, I'll be quick so you can do your thing. I have a tape of Neil Sedaka and sing a few of his songs and I was wondering if I could perform it maybe after this.

Well yeah I mean in the next episode... yeah as part of the show. I have my own radio and I sing the whole song.

No it has his vocals on it... I mean I know it's a little weird because he's a guy and all, but... it's- I performed it at an open mic the other night at, umm, what's it called... Fair Trade Cafe, which I also hosted because what's-her-name was out sick and I'm who she chose to host in her absence, and the audience really reacted to it, y'know they just didn't expect it.

And that'd be perfect too because I would need to use the time during sketches to recover, you know it's very tiring to sing like that.

Yeah, I would do like a few songs. But like you said, between sketches. If there's time.

Yeah I'm also going to do the weather!  Did they tell you that? Yeah, so there's that and I'll be on the show then, y'know?

I auditioned to be in the cast for this show, did you know that? I didn't get called back, I don't think you were there.  I did an impression of Marilyn Monroe singing "Happy Birthday" to President Kennedy... "Happy birthday...     Mr. President...           Happy birthday...  ...  ...     to..." of course you know it.  I also did an impression of Farrah Fawcett. I think I look like her, I've been told I look like her when I do this.

You know she died the same day as Michael Jackson.  Farrah Fawcett.  Nobody talked about it though, and she wasn't mentioned, she got shut out on the memorial reel at the Oscars, did you know that? Oh it was terrible, it was a big controversy. A lot of people were very upset about that.  Did you watch the Oscars that year, do you remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment