Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Nat'l Poetry Month Days 1-3: Drifty Drift

II

When I can't hear your you
And your "you're you" sentences,
You
make sensen't
And I
make sensen'tces.
If only
The Innocence of Paper could exist
A farm of options optional boundaries,
And survivor of these alternatives foundries
Wearing those letters
Wouldn't be
Being those letters
Paper couldn't rob someone of their sincerity
And someone else of their meaning

I

Paper paid for paper's porous chorus.
Selfless absorbed, scorned
Printed
Branded
Blameless
Action-heavy, meaning thrift
Words are sudden drift

III

"Is this a record or
A toilet?"
Meaning approaches center
Why didn't I start listening
Before flipping side 2?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about applause or the ability to delete them... but glad to hear them! Things just learned: applause is the same thing plural!

    ReplyDelete