Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nat'l Poetry Month Day 17: Fat n Smart & The Stickerman

Poetry inspired at a trade show.

Fat n' Smart

Oh we're fat n smart!
Noblest martyrs
At Noblemart!
Unfooled by your form fit faces,
I'm legitimate
You can't read me,
You're me illiterate!
My face never drew you
In or to conclusion
My constant feast
Is on your delusions
On them I daily grow
Smarter n fatter
I dip them in
The ego sauce splatter
Of the platter that we share
It doesn't matter what we wear
Come mealtime you're not there

You'll never fit in
With the smart n fat ones,
Your're too busy making fat puns


The Stickerman

The Stickerman
Stopped to consider me
Once.
Mired, flat tired
In the neighborhood of
Fronts
Awaiting repairs
Giving flat tire airs
Showing gaps where a sticker must fit,
He evaluated me on the dichotomous pit
Of "have you or have not?"

Showing gaps of my own
And gaps even of gaps
I pulled out an old stare
That asked "Join me perhaps?"
Staid, sober
And laid over
Sympathetic as a prawn
With exquisite taste
The Stickerman checked his phone
And moved on

No comments:

Post a Comment