Sunday, September 14, 2014

Infinite Alibi

I left in the car
Tried to make it to deepest green
Before the weather caused a scene
You were computer face then

I skid into safety
Familiar enough with the scent
Of burnt water from your descent
When we yelled at who you are

I chewed in a way
To commemorate the jagged lights
Of weaponized reflection nights
That tore like children play

If there was such a hat
We would wear our losses down below the legs
Like we were candles of erectile dysfunction
Neglected junk in a hot trunk

Having planted holes
And handed out roles
You broke out
Then broke in
Chanted, "Let the righteous shout,
And the killing begin!"

A pinwheel-powered car
Driven by a solar-powered drunk
Crashed through the garage
You thought it was me
You thought I was morning
Did the damp leaves of decay
Stick to your feet as you surveyed,
Stumbled, then sat?

Bereft of all impulse and peering
Thru the window with no sill
A stenographer with no need of hearing
I watch from the deep green still

No comments:

Post a Comment