Monday, March 7, 2011

Television

You are my television and you tell me I need to change. I'm watching the Discovery Channel, but when I wake up I'll only remember infomercials. I am blind to my self at times, when you are my only vantage point into reality, myself, and all interactions of the two. I seek your approval too much. Television tells me that television is bad for me. Another infomercial I suspect. We spend some time apart, but any attempt at romance is just another channel to me, and soon I am back into my old habits. Before I know it, I learn that I am no longer a man but also a television, and our relationship is that of a television watching a television. We try to entertain one another and it keeps us busy, but there is little joy. Then one day you burn out, but since you're still plugged in I spend several weeks listening to your residual buzzing. A force beyond my control carries you away and leaves me with the inevitable. I am now a television in search of somebody to watch me.

2 comments: