Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ventilation

Person 1) Hi! I heard you had an awkward conversation earlier with someone who wasn't very sure of themselves.

Person 2) Ah yes, I remember not feeling that a follow-up was necessary, but I will pretend to not remember anything about it so we can have something to talk about.

Person 1) I would like to have a more in-depth and specific awkward conversation based on the awkward conversation you had earlier.

Person 2) For whatever reason, I am ok with this. Please continue!

Person 1) Right! So you know that minutial aspect of the complicated thing you were talking about in a broad general way during the awkward conversation from earlier, the cost of which is most likely forwarded on directly to your customer? How would you like to discuss that in a little more detail and possibly save $.50 on the unit cost?

Person 2) That isn't terribly exciting of an offer at all, but I'm too polite to abruptly end this conversation.

Person 1) Wonderful! Also! Do you like receiving impersonal form letters merged into emails with generic high-def images, large file attachments, and other thinks that will take even your high-speed connection a few extra seconds to open?

Person 2) Sure! My email address is first initial, last name at company name.com.

Person 1) Great! One more thing: Rather than just say "good bye", can we end the conversation with a volley of roundabout pleasantries to make it seem like this conversation wasn't tedious and annoying to both of us?

Person 2) You read my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment